Artwork by Luca Cardelli (unless otherwise noted)
Logo for the Microsoft - University of Trento Centre for Computational and Systems
Book cover for A Theory of Objects
- Logo for Foundations Of Aspect-Oriented Languages
- Logos for Logic in Computer Science
- Logos for Foundations of Object Oriented Languages
- Logo for Federated Logic Conference '96
- Logo for Newton Institute Program on Semantics of Computation
- Logo for ML-2000
- Logo for Obliq
- Book cover for ML Book
- Book cover for Theoretical Aspects of Object Oriented Programming
- Proceedings cover for LICS'90
- Cartoon for Obliq (by J.Stolfi)
- Cartoon for Dynamic Typing in Polymorphic Languages (by J.Stolfi)
- Cartoon for An Extension of System F with Subtyping
- Cartoon for Subtyping Recursive Types
- Cartoon for Abstract Types and the Dot Notation
- Cartoon for A Semantic Basis for Quest
- Cartoon for Explicit Substitution
- Cartoon for Operations on Records
- Cartoon for Dynamic Typing in a Statically Typed Language
- Cartoon for Typeful Programming
- Original 48x48 bitmaps for "face mail" at Bell Labs.
- Some of the earliest Bell Labs "faces". Scanned on equipment provided (so to speak) by Theo Pavlidis; reduced by convolution software from the acustics (!) lab.
- ArnoPenzias, AndrewHume, AndyKoenig, BartLocanthi, BjarneStroustrup, BrianKernigan, DaveMacQueen, DannySlator, DennisRitchie, DougMcIlroy, GerardHolzmann, GregNelson, HaniaGajewska, MarkKahrs, KenThompson, MikeLesk, LucaCardelli, MarkManasse, PeterWeinberger, DavePresotto, RobPike, SallyBrowning, SteveFortune, TomDuff, TheoPavlidis.
A collection of fonts assembled from most of the funny characters found in the Logic In Computer Science proceedings. They have composable arrows; technically an infinite number of them.
- Lics (Obsolete) [.zip], Lics2 (Obsolete) [.zip].
- Dijkstra [.ttf (2013 updated version by Reuben Thomas)] [.zip (old PC)] [.hqx (old Mac)] [Preview.pdf]
- A beautiful handwriting font of unknown origin, first popularized by E.W.Dijkstra. Excellent for slides that appear to be carefully written, and for short, deep technical notes.
- Chars 0-255 [.zip]
- A plain text document containing all the ASCII characters.